For Those I Love - To Have You

For Those I Love - To Have You

My debut album is out now.
Stream it here: https://forthoseilove.ffm.to/album

Director: Niall Trask
Producer: Dan Matthews
Director of Photography: Albert Hooi
Producer: Aaron McEnaney
Location Manager: Gavin White
Camera Assistant: JP Quill
Editor: Niall Trask
Colourist: Michael Pearce

Shot on Kodak 16mm from Frame 24
Processed by Kodak Laboratories London
Scanned at Digital Orchard

Enormous thanks to Gavin White and Shelbourne FC

CAST
Shelbourne FC
Cork City FC
Conor M
Jason O’ Callaghan
Zoe Redmond
Favour Odusla
Eleanor Crowe
Stephen Kelly
Lou Connelly O’Donnell
Adam Grimes
Gary O’Reilly
Daisy O’Reilly
Jackson O’Reilly
Rose Lyndon
Nico Merucci
Wes Dillon
David Balfe

Shot on location in and around Tolka Park, Drumcondra, Dublin

LYRICS
So tell me what ya know about hope,
You tell me what ya know about free.
There's been blood on our knees since we were teens,
Don't tell me ya know what it means to breathe,
There's no world me and mine haven't seen
You best believe.

So tell me what ya know about growth,
Tell me what ya know about me,
There's been blood in our teeth since our first meal,
Don't tell me ya know what it means to see,
There's no love me and mine haven't grieved,
You couldn't feel.

We don't know what it is to sleep,
When each night your eyes bleed,
Cause there's not a lot of steps between
Peace and utter misery,
When you're 17 and all you have is love and dreams.

Those tunes we made as teens
Gave a way to grieve and get outta the scheme,
But those early scars never leave.
Those tunes and our art gave us a path out of the dark
But we still get lost without the light when we lead.
This pain is real.

Some of these words go back to 2014
Another ode to top scheme
A music dream we both laid out
But never got to see.
Cause it's been war in my pen
Since we were 10.
It's always been
Write your hate and pain away
To make tomorrow better than today
For your mates
Cause we don't want things this way.

for those i lovedave balfedavid balfe

Post a Comment

0 Comments